USB or other devices are not recognized by the Thunderbolt 3 Dock
- Document ID: 4016262
- Posted Date: 2018-10-29
- Distribution: View Public Website
USB or other external devices are not available when connectiong those devices to the Thunderbolt 3 Dock or the devices are not available when waking the computer from sleep mode.
For the Thunderbolt 3 Dock to connect to USB and other devices automatically when connected or waking from sleep check the Thunderbolt 3 software setting below.
- In the task bar find the Thunderbolt software application
- Right mouse click on the application to bring up the context menu below
- Select Approve Attached Devices
- Select Port 1 or Port 2 depending on what port the dock is connected to
- The Always Connect should be selected to always connect the external devices. If it is not selected then change it to Always Connect and then press OK
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Dynabook end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.