AR100 Geolocation Sensor shows an Error in device Manager after doing a clean install of Windows 10
- Document ID: 4016171
- Posted Date: 2018-07-30
- Distribution: View Public Website
After doing a clean install of Windows 10 (RS3, RS4, RS5) the AR100 Geolocation Sensor shows up as a banged out device in Device Manager
After doing a clean install of Windows 10 the AR100 Geolocation Sensor shows up as a banged out device in Device Manager. (You need to plug in the AR100 then install the GPS driver then you will see the banged out device in Device Manager). The banged out device occurs because the vcruntime.dll and mfc140u.dll files are missing.
To fix, is to do one of the follwoing and then reboot the machine:
- Install the Toshiba Intel AMT component (TCH0427100A) by searching your model number in support.toshiba.com and selecting the Drivers and Updates tab, then Download and install the Intel AMT/ME-FW Update Tool
- Download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685
- Manually copy the vcruntime.dll and mfc140u.dll files to C:\Windows\System32
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Dynabook end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.