How to reduce laptop fan noise and heat.
- Document ID: 4015525
- Posted Date: 2017-03-03
- Distribution: View Public Website
As more heat is generated by the laptop the cooling fan will run more often and at higher speeds. This will result in increaseed fan noise and decreased battery performance.. You can reduce the heat produced by the computer by trying these tips.
- Verify that you have the latest BIOS.
- Use the laptop on a hard surface like a desk. Avoid soft surfaces like a bed or your lap.
- Leave plenty of room around the vents. Don't stack anything in front of the vent.
- Don't use the laptop in excessively hot environmentst. The cooler the room, the less the fan has to work to keep the laptop cool.
- Adjust the Power Options to increase battery life and reduce performance. This will also decrease the heat.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Dynabook end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.