Toshiba Fingerprint Utility
- WinZIP self-installing ZIP file. Can also be unZIPped using WinZip, PKUnZip or equivalent. Also supports silent installation. Click for silent/unattended installation instructions.
The Fingerprint Utility aims to identify users by scanning their fingerprints instead of entering a password. Using the following operations, a user can scan their fingerprints on the sensor, and then use this method of authentication for the following processes, instead of entering a password with the keyboard.
In order to use the TOSHIBA Fingerprint Utility, you first need to create a Windows account password. If the current account has no Windows password, you can create one by going to START > CONTROL PANEL > USER ACCOUNTS.
To make sure the utility works in the case of a finger injury, please enroll two or more fingers per user. A total of 20 fingerprints can be enrolled using the fingerprint sensor, so if the PC is used with multiple User accounts, make sure that you can divide the 20 entries among all users.
To open the Fingerprint Utility and enroll:
- Click the Start menu.
- Enter "Fingerprint" into the search field.
- Click "Fingerprint Utility" in the search results.
- The Fingerprint Utility will open.
- Enter your Windows password to begin.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enroll. Refer to your Owner's Manual for complete enrollment instructions.
***NOTE*** This software package is part of the pre-installed software for the applicable products.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.