TOSHIBA Supervisor Password Utility
- Document ID: 4009381
- Posted Date: 2016-07-31
- Last Updated: 2016-07-31
- Distribution: View Public Website
SUPERVISOR PASSWORD UTILITY
This utility adds additional password security to your Toshiba computer equipped with Windows 8 pre-installed. This allows you to control the user passwords and access. Refer to your Owner's Manual for complete details.
If this utility or feature is not installed on your computer, you can verify if it is available for your specific model under "Downloads" on the TOSHIBA support web site (support.toshiba.com). Not all utilities are available for every model and operating system. When installing any utilities, install the TOSHIBA Value Added Package first.
The supervisor password is a type of UEFI or BIOS password. For more information on this subject, see these articles:
To open the Supervisor Password Utility:
- On the Start screen press 'Windows'+'C' to open the charms bar.
- Type "Password" into the search field.
- Click "Supervisor Password" App in the search results.
- The Password Utility will open.
- Click on the "Supervisor Password" tab.
- Set password will register a user or supervisor password with the computer.
- Delete allows you to delete the regsitered user or supervisor password.
- Change allows you to change the regsitered user or supervisor password.
- Set under supervisor allows you to set user permisions.
If you've forgotten your password, please see this article.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.