TOSHIBA Media Controller
- Document ID: 4009368
- Posted Date: 2016-07-31
- Last Updated: 2016-07-31
- Distribution: View Public Website
TOSHIBA Media Controller allows you to control your music, pictures and videos by streaming content to any compatible device in your home. Playing media on a compatible device is easy. Just drag and drop a media file or playlist onto the icon for the rendering device. For example, if you want to play a slideshow of your favorite pictures on a TV that supports the Digital Media Renderer (DMR) functions, simply drag the pictures onto the TV icon found in the DMR list.
If this utility or feature is not installed on your computer, you can verify if it is available for your specific model under "Downloads" on the TOSHIBA support web site (support.toshiba.com). Not all utilities are available for every model and operating system. When installing any utilities, install the TOSHIBA Value Added Package first.
To stream your media, you need the following hardware and software:
- A wired or wireless private network.
- Your PC needs to be connected via a broadband router.
- Your devices must be on the same subnet as your computer.
- The network location must be set to Home network.
- Either another computer on your network or a device known as a Digital Media Renderer (DMR) must be present. DMR are hardware devices connected to your wired or wireless network that you can control using your computer.
To open Media Controller to allow enabling / disabling (not recommended):
- Click the Start menu. On Windows 8, go to the Start screen.
- Enter "Controller" into the search field. On Windows 8, type "Controller" while viewing the Start screen.
- Click "Media Controller" in the search results.
- TOSHIBA Media Controller will open allowing you to setup sharing options.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up file sharing.
- For more information about setting up devices on your network, CLICK HERE for online help for Microsoft® Windows® 7 Operating System.
Refer to the Users' Manual for the specific Digital Media Renderer device manufacturer.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.