BIOS version 5.10 for Satellite C55-B (PSCM8U/PSCMAU/PSCMCU)
- WinRAR self-extracting ZIP file includes both Windows-based and diskette based BIOS update installation options. See the included documentation for details.
- For CD-ROM BIOS updates in Windows 8x or Windows 10 models: (1) Shut down the system while pressing the SHIFT key to completely power off. (2) Power on while pressing F2 to enter the BIOS Setup menu. (3) From the Security tab set the "Secure Boot" setting to "Disabled". (4) From the Advanced tab, enter "System Configuration" then set the Boot Mode to "CSM Boot" if the option is available. (5) Press F10 to save and exit. (6) Boot from the BIOS CD-ROM. (7) Type BIOS at the prompt then press Enter. (7) After the BIOS update has completed, restore the BIOS settings that were changed.
- Note: The BIOS Launcher "CD_ROM Installation" option may not automatically proceed to burn the CD-ROM in Windows 8x or Windows 10. If this occurs navigate to the directory named after the BIOS filename in the root directory of the C-Drive (ex. C:\skgjv130), and manually burn the CD-ROM from the disc image (ISO) file.
- For CD-ROM BIOS updates in Windows 7 models: (1) Boot from the BIOS CD-ROM. (2) Type BIOS at the prompt then press Enter.
- For all updates: The BIOS update will force the computer to shut down or restart. Please make sure to save all work in progress before starting BIOS updates.
- Power on the computer if it is off.
- While the "TOSHIBA" logo is displayed, press the F2 function key to start BIOS Setup.
- Check the version of BIOS and press the F9 function key then Enter to load setup defaults.
- Press the F10 function key then Enter to save settings and exit. The computer will automatically reboot.
- Version 5.10 - 2015-09-07
- Implemented a Graphical User Interface (GUI) adjustment button repeat rate of 6 times per second.
- First formal release for Windows 10 use.
- Fixed an issue where the Setup TPM item setting would not be kept after loading defaults.
- Made a change so the Windows Firmware Update version is displayed to be the same as the BIOS version.
- Updated the Intel CPU microcode to fix a system hang issue observed after long periods of media/video playback stress testing.
- Initial production release for these models.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.