Toshiba HDD Protection
- WinZIP self-installing ZIP file. Can also be unZIPped using WinZip, PKUnZip or equivalent. Also supports silent installation. Click for silent/unattended installation instructions.
Using the acceleration sensor built in the PC, HDD Protection detects vibration, shocks and similar signs in the PC, and automatically moves the HDD head to a safe position to reduce the risk of damage that could be caused by head-to-disk contact.
To open HDD Protection properties:
- Click the Start menu.
- Enter "HDD" into the search field.
- Click "HDD Protection" in the search results.
TOSHIBA HDD Protection Properties will open.
- From here you can change settings for your HDD protection. It is NOT recommended to turn OFF HDD Protection.
Click "Setup Detail" for additional settings.
- Click "Apply" to save any settings or "Cancel" to exit without saving.
CLICK HERE and refer to your Owner's Manual for additional information for HDD Protection.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.