FAQ: How to reset the battery on Toshiba laptops that do not have a removable battery
- Document ID: 4004523
- Posted Date: 2013-12-09
- Distribution: View Public Website
Your laptop has stopped responding and you cannot shut it off or turn it on.
Performing a soft reset
- Hold down the power button for 10 seconds or until the laptop shuts off.
- Press the power button again to turn the laptop back on.
- If this does not resolve your issue then try performing a Hard Reset
Performing a Hard Reset
NOTE: These instructions only apply to the Satellite S55 / P55 / L55 / E55 and E45 series laptops and not all models have this reset hole. If your model does not have a reset hole then perform the soft reset method above.
- Disconnect the AC adapter from your unit, turn your laptop over onto a soft surface and locate the battery reset hole on the bottom of your laptop.
- The battery reset hole is located near the SD card reader slot on the bottom of the unit.
- Ensure that you have disconnected the AC adapter from your laptop
- Gently insert a slender object such as a small straigthened paperclip into the battery reset hole on the bottom side of your laptop to press the battery reset button. CAUTION: Never use a pencil to press the Reset button. Pencil lead can break off inside the device and damage it.
- Remove the paperclip and reconnect the AC adapter, and resume normal use.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.