Sound but no Picture (screen does light up) when TV is powered on.
- Document ID: 98083137
- Posted Date: 2010-10-01
- Last Updated: 2010-09-24
- Distribution: View Public Website
- Applicable Models
Television 19AV500U Television 19AV501U Television 19AV51U Television 19AV600U Television 19AV600UZ Television 22AV500U Television 22AV600U Television 26AV500U Television 26AV502R Television 26AV502RY Television 26AV502U Television 26AV50U Television 26AV52R Television 26AV52U Television 32AV500U Television 32AV502R Television 32AV502RZ Television 32AV502U Television 32AV50U Television 32AV52R Television 32AV52RZ Television 32CV510U Television 32RV525R Television 32RV530U Television 37AV500U Television 37AV502R Television 37AV502U Television 37AV50U Television 37AV52R Television 37AV52U Television 37CV510U Television 37RV525R Television 37RV525RZ Television 37RV530U Television 40RV525R Television 40RV525RZ Television 40RV525U Television 40RV52R Television 40RV52U Television 40XF550U Television 40XV640U Television 40XV645U Television 40XV648U Television 42AV500U Television 42RV530U Television 42RV535U Television 42XV540U Television 42XV545U Television 46RV525R Television 46RV525U Television 46RV530U Television 46RV535U Television 46XF550U Television 46XV540U Television 46XV545U Television 46XV640U Television 46XV645U Television 46XV648U Television 52RV530U Television 52RV535U Television 52RV53U Television 52XF550U Television 52XV540U Television 52XV545U Television 52XV645U Television 52XV648U
1. Using the buttons on the TV itself (not the remote control), press the “MENU” button to see if the TV’s MENU appears on the screen. If the MENU does appear on the screen, verify that all of your video connections are secure on the TV and on the connected device. Double check that you are connected in the appropriate jacks, check the other inputs of the TV to see if the video appears on any other input. If you still do not see any video but can access the menu, try to reset the TV to the factory defaults.
2. To reset all settings to default values:
a. Press the “MENU” button on your remote to open the menu.
b. From the SETUP menu, highlight INSTALLATION and press “ENTER”. A new set of Installation menu icons will appear.
c. Open the SYSTEM STATUS menu, highlight SYSTEM INFORMATION and press “ENTER”.
d. Press the LEFT or RIGHT arrow to scroll through the menu bar to select FACTORY DEFAULTS.
e. Enter your PIN code (or 0000 if no PIN code has been set).
f. Highlight YES and press “ENTER”. The TV will turn off automatically after a few seconds. After the TV turns off, unplug the TV power cord and then plug it in again to complete the reset process.
3. If the MENU does not appear on the screen, try resetting the TV by unplugging the power cord for at least 3 minutes.
4. If neither of the above steps resolved your problem, you can get assistance with this problem by contacting our customer solutions department at 1-800-631-3811 M-F 8-7 CST, Saturday 9-5:30 CST.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Dynabook end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.