BIOS version 1.30 for Satellite C55/C55t (PSCJEx)
- WinRAR self-extracting ZIP file includes both Windows-based and diskette based BIOS update installation options. See the included documentation for details.
- For CD-ROM BIOS updates in Windows 8 models: (1) Shut down the system while pressing the SHIFT key to completely power off. (2) Power on while pressing F2 to enter the BIOS Setup menu. (3) Go to the Security tab and set the "Secure Boot" setting to "Disabled". (4) Go to the Advanced tab, enter "System Configuration" and set the Boot Mode to "CSM Boot." (5) Press F10 to save and exit. (6) Boot from the BIOS CD-ROM. (7) Type FLASH at the C:\ prompt then press Enter. (7) After the BIOS update has completed, restore the Boot Mode setting to "UEFI Boot" and the Secure Boot setting to Enabled.
- Note: The BIOS Launcher "CD_ROM Installation" option may not automatically proceed to burn the CD-ROM in Windows 8. If this occurs navigate to the directory named after the BIOS filename in the root directory of the C-Drive (ex. C:\skgjv130), and manually burn the CD-ROM from the disc image (ISO) file.
- For CD-ROM BIOS updates in Windows 7 models: (1) Boot from the BIOS CD-ROM. (2) Type FLASH at the C:\ prompt then press Enter.
- For all updates: The BIOS update will force the computer to shut down or restart. Please make sure to save all work in progress before starting BIOS updates.
- Power on the computer if it is off.
- While the "TOSHIBA" logo is displayed, press the F2 function key to start BIOS Setup.
- Check the version of BIOS and press the F9 function key then Enter to load setup defaults.
- Press the F10 function key then Enter to save settings and exit. The computer will automatically reboot.
- Version 1.30 - 2014-03-24
- Updated the UEFI PXE driver to V2.026 to improve PXE performance.
- Updated: Microcode to M0C30673320.
- Added: CSM mode support.
- Disabled SATA ALPM for the PCC-UJ8E2ABTJ5 ODD to improve a CD media streaming "no response" issue.
- Initial production BIOS release for these models.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.